Friday, August 17, 2012

Augs 17,2012 - More Worries

Vandals again knocked down the few remaining poles protecting the young planted trees.  It doesn't make any sense to me, but I am a logical person, and believe that vandals must be mentally defective people to damage a fence that is protecting the environment.

The water levels at the little lake are dropping what seems like daily.  Unless new beaver families move in to the area to restore the broken dams, I am certain this area will be nothing but a meadow by the end of  summer 2013.


 
I saw a flock of migrating ducks in the Creek, and although the migrating birds are the only ones that have been in the Creek this year, as no birds stayed at the creek to raise their families this summer, I hate to see them as it is a reminder that what little summer we had is leaving us at a rapid rate, and even the birds are heading south already.


No comments:

Post a Comment