Saturday, July 14, 2012

Restoration Area

This is the area of the restoration where many of the stakes and mini trees were removed.  A hiker was seen with her dog, playing in the creek.

Vandals again were at work and destroyed the fence protecting some of the replanted area.  I did replace some of the poles, but the fence really needs to be reconstructed with the bindings holding the poles in place, rather then having them just stacked, which was what I was able to do.

With all the territory available for wheeled traffic, I don't understand the mentality of the people who insist on destroying areas that are being protected.

I was happy to see that the fire pit that had been constructed on the little lake shore, had been removed.  I had removed some of the logs that were set up as a bench, and someone else has now removed all the rocks that encased the pit.  I had picked up a lot of the glass and trash, but didn't have gloves for the smaller glass pieces, and they also have now been removed, so thanks to the folks who are helping keep this area clean.

There has been a lot more activity along the Creek with people fishing, hiking with their dogs or jogging, cycling, so with more eyes in the area, I hope we can continue to protect it from those who are trying to destroy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment