Sunday, June 27, 2010

Strange Happenings at McIntyre Creek



If you happen to be in the McIntyre Creek area behind the Yukon College this week, you may have come across some strange beings inhabiting the woods. The Aikido Yukon Club were holding a samurai camp during the week of June 21 to 25, and with their costumes, masks and "weapons", were having fun conducting their wars in the woods. This is another indication of how our valued area is utilized by many Yukoners, for sport, recreation, education, and just plain fun!
Photos by Gerry Steers, Gerry's Computer Magic copyright.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Friends,

    My daughter and I live in Takhini. I have lived in Yukon my entire life. We enjoy our long walks through the MacIntyre Creek area. I have several lovely pictures of children playing which I am happy to send for posting here.

    I would like to know who to email regarding a donation. My eight year old daughter has been saving her money and would like to donate the $19.10 to saving this area.

    She is also planning a big lemonade stand to raise funds for the Creek.

    Her name is Mackenzie and she is very concerned for the safety of the Eagles, beavers, foxes and the honey suckle which she loves to pick and eat.

    Thank you for reading her message.
    Cindy-Anne

    ReplyDelete